The unsightly appearance of mold is not uncommon. Mold spores are all around the environment and seek areas with high humidity, such as around roof leaks, windows, pipes, or where there has been flooding.
Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. All these things are found in your home.
Following a water loss in your home, it only takes 48 - 72 hours for mold to start growing. While impossible to detect which type of mold is growing in your home without an IEP to conduct mold test, it is possible to treat and remove any kind of mold you have encountered.
Mold spores can cause severe reactions in people, including children, elderly, and those suffering from allergies or asthma. One Call Home Preservation has trained IICRC certified personnel that are experienced in mold remediation.
One Call, That's All!